BioCytics, a privately-held biotechnology company located in Huntersville, North Carolina with a focus to bring personalized oncology medicine to the market. In addition, BioCytics has an ongoing IRB-approved clinical trial that allows for the collection and study of blood and tissue samples from consenting cancer patients.
BioCytics©’ mission is to research and develop novel cellular therapies for diseases and to accelerate personalized medicine to market.
BioCytics© was incorporated in 2005 in Huntersville, North Carolina. It is being incubated by Carolina BioOncology Institute (CBI), a cancer treatment and Phase I drug testing facility. BioCytics© was founded by Dr. John Powderly, MD, medical board certified oncologist and a certified physician investigator (CPI), who is also President of CBI.
Carolina BioOncology Institute (CBI) CBI is incubating Biocytics and provides laboratory and office space, as well as laboratory and office equipment and supplies. In addition, CBI opened Biocytics Clinical Trial #0001.
Biocytics is incubated by Carolina BioOncology Institute, PLLC (CBI www.carolinabiooncology.org ). The 8,000 sq. ft. facility is located at 9801 W. Kincey Avenue, Suite 145, Huntersville, NC 28078.
CBI contains a COLA/CLIA certified laboratory for in-house prognostic and diagnostic testing. In addition to traditional treatment regimens, CBI also provides cancer patients access to novel biologics and therapeutics through its diverse clinical research program.
BioCytics equipment includes:
- CellTracks Autoprep System for Circulating Tumor Cell Enumeration
- Roche LightCycler 480 II
- -20C and -80C freezers
- CO2 incubators
- Biological safety/laminar flow hoods and Nikon inverted microscope for cell culture
- Clinical Grade Sorvall RC-3BP centrifuge for sample preparation
- Clean room facility with HEPA filtration and dedicated wet lab space (approximately 2500ft2) for cell processing
- Lead lined patient exam room for radioisotope-based treatments
- An associated clinical laboratory that includes full Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Immunology, and Histology services.
- Coulter counter for complete blood analysis and Piccolo Chemistry 20 panel
- Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer
- back to top